Why a Blog?

This Blog I'm going to share my stories I'm working on and the ones I've finished. Enjoy!



Thursday, March 15, 2012

Creative Writing

My assignment was to have a scene to take place in a tree house atop a 200ft sequoia 

Running as fast as I could I ran towards the big red barked tree. When I got to the bass of it's trunk I reach for the rope ladder that led to a small tree house, that was almost hidden from the naked eye, as the thick green covered branches reached out for nothing in particular. I hurried up the long rope ladder, once at the top I pull up the ladder so no one could disturb me, especially my little brother. Then I pulled my notebook and a stash of pens out of my backpack I'd been carrying. Settling down on my stomach I flipped through my notebook to the plank pages in the back.
“Lets see where was I?” I asked the air, “Oh, yes! It was dark...” I bent over my notebook as my hand moved frantically bringing what once was a plain piece of paper to life.
...Amanda had picked the right night to run away, as she move slowly towards the trees something seemed to move. She stopped and held her breath. Who is it?
“Amanda?” whispered the darkness.
Amanda sigh with relief it was only Jeri, she moved towards where the voice had come from. Nearing the trees she saw a darker form then the rest of the darkness, Reaching out she laid a hand on Jeri's masculine chest. He grab her arm and pulled her into a hug, Amanda rapped her arms around him and began to sob.
“Oh, Jeri!” she said into his shoulder. “Are we doing the right thing?”
“Do you want to stay here?” Jeri asked as he stroked Amanda's hair.
“No.” was all Amanda could say passed the lump in her throat.
“Then we must leave, and soon.”
Amanda drew in a long shuttering breath. “Ready Mandy?”
“Yeah.”
Clutching Amanda's hand in one and his sack in the other Jeri lead the way into the...
My hand stopped, I listened to the silence a moment then I heard it a small child calling for “Ellie.” Tossing my pen down I sat up, and looked out the entrance of my hideaway. Sure enough there was a small five year old boy looking up at me.
“My name isn't Ellie, it's Helen!”
“Mommy told me to find you, Ellen.”
“Johnny go back to the house, I'm writing!” I called down, “And its Hell-en, for the hundredth time!”
“Mommy said I had to stay with you.” whined Johnny.
Sighing I tossed the rope ladder down. Why can't Johnny and I get along? I asked silently. Once Johnny was at the top, he immediately started asking questions.
“What are you doing up here? How high do you think we are? Is that a–”
“Quiet!” I yelled, “If you want to be up here you have to be quiet, understand?”
Johnny nodded,
“Good.” I said, going back to my writing.
...Jeri lead the way into the dark woods, after what seemed forever the sky started to get brighter, Jeri pick up his pace as he now was able to see more. Often he'd look over his shoulder to make sure they weren't being followed, Amanda would look too. There never was anyone there, but something was wrong. Amanda didn't know what it was, but something was telling her to leave the trail that lead them farther into the woods, away from what had once been her home. It's not anymore, never again shall that be home in my heart. Seeming to have been feeling the same as Amanda, Jeri led her through an opening in the trees, leaving the trail behind. As they got father away Amanda started to speak, but Jeri silenced her with a wave of his hand. Moments later Amanda heard a bounding of hooves. A horrible childhood memory flashed in her mind as the hoof beats drew nearer. There was a purple burr that fell to the ground and drug behind... just as quick as the hoof beats came they left along with the memory.
“That was close! If I hadn't felt like God was telling me to leave the trail, we'd have been found.” Jeri said,
“So you think God is on our side?”
“I think Gods on everybody's side.” Jeri replied like he'd answer that question before.
Amanda didn't like the sound of that. God might be helping our enemy right now?
There was a movement in the corner of the tree house. I looked up startled, then sign in relieve. I'd almost forgot about Johnny, he'd been so quiet.
“Ellie what are you writing?” Johnny asked seeing that I was watching him.
“A story.” I replied.
“What about?”
“A boy and girl as they grow up?”
“Like us?” Johnny asked,
“Yeah, I guess their kinda like us.” I said smiling at my little brother, it was funny earlier I would have told him to be quiet. Now it was like as if I'd grown wiser from my writing, maybe it was God? I had realized something while writing. God can help you, but you also have to be willing to help him out. I may not always get along with my brother, but I can't expect us to get along if I don't try, and with God helping it will be easier.
“Can you read it to me?” Johnny now asked, “Please, Helen!”
I smiled that was the first time Johnny had said my name right. “Yes, I'll read it to you.”
Johnny sat down in front of me eager to drink in my story. I flipped to the first page in my notebook.
“Amanda jerked up in her bed. her eyes darted around the...” I read to Johnny. For maybe the first time ever I has glad he was my little brother, glad he wanted to know as much as he could, glad that God knew I needed him as much as he needed me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment